Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pizza and a Hair-do

The last couple of days have been great. On Thursday afternoon I got to enjoy some time loving on the babies and spending some more time in the two year old house! It was time for bath time again, and this time it went much smoother. Once again i was in charge of Vaseline and getting them dressed. They were precious today and actually listened:) Before bath time I spent some time swinging with Anita. She just looked so sad and needed some love, so we played on the swing to bring some joy to her life. Thursday night for dinner I walk into the room that we eat and Sister Julie surprised me once again and she made HOMEMADE pizza, with fresh vegetables. That is hard to come by in Tanzania. She also made a great salad and some potatoes. So filling. Yesterday I spent the day with the babies. Their finger nails were scratching me up real bad, so I took the liberty and trimmed all of them up. Today I got my hair braided. Six hours later, and what seems like 20 lbs of fake hair, it is complete. This way my hair is done and I can just tie it back. One less things to worry about here. Starting on Monday I am going to be helping out in the primary school up the road which is an English Medium style school. Not sure what my tasks will be, but I know I can help out in some capacity. Splitting my time between the orphanage and at the school. Aimee and Ariel are two girls from Omaha that live up the road from me in Machame and they teach at the school. It has been mentioned that we might be starting a youth group for the kids. Mondays and Wednesdays, splitting them up by age group. This would be a great thing for the youth to be involved in, and something for me to look forward too. I will keep you updated:) Other than that things are going pretty well. I am getting into a routine now, which helps the days pass. Thanks again for all of the support! Take care and talk to you soon.

2 comments:

  1. molly-
    can you do pictures from there? we'd love to see your new hairdo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are having a great impact on the kids there. You are working so hard and I am so proud of you!!! Keep up the good work!! I would love to see your new hairdo too!! I bet you look so cute! Love Willowe

    ReplyDelete