Saturday, October 23, 2010

Five Weeks Left!

Sorry I haven't updates in over two weeks! I have been on my Safari and touring around with a group from Nebraska! My journey is half way over now! There are so many mixed emotions, and not sure that I actually process things that are happening over here. Everyday I have a routine and I don't think much about stuff anymore. Just waking up, seeing the sisters and loving on those babies! I have seen so many things since I have been here and even in the last two weeks that it is almost impossible to write everything down! As of today I have 37 days left in Africa...sometimes I feel that is a lot sometimes I wonder where the time has gone. I have enjoyed myself very much, and have enjoyed learning so much about this culture. I know for sure when I get back to Nebraska I am going to be hit hard with the pace of life again! Everything is so slow and laid back here. It is a nice retreat once in a while, but for the most part I enjoy staying busy!

When I was gone on my Safari, 3 of the oldest babies moved up to the two year old house! They are adjusting well, and I am glad to see them being able to be outside more and start to become potty trained! Yesterday I was feeding Elizabetty and once she was finished I told her to go sit on the potty. Well little did I know that when I looked down she already had, and she peed all over my feet:) Haha, it made me smile. She is so darn cute. There has been a lizard in my bathroom and bedroom the last few days, he hasn't gotten the point that we aren't real friends and that he should live outside with his family. The toucans and monkeys continue to frequent the area outside my window, and the 3 year olds continue to wake up at 5:45am everyday:)

My momma Africa, sister Julie is at her home for 4 weeks to spend time with her father! So I will miss her greatly. Once she returns I will only have 10 days left at the orphanage. The sisters get one leave a year, and they can go home for 1 month.

I try to keep busy during the week splitting my time between the orphanage and the primary school. I am trying to enjoy every single day, and see what God has in store for me, I don't want to miss any thing. On the other hand I miss home greatly, and can't wait to see everyone!

Thanks for the prayers and support! Please pray for endurance and strength, and that I stay safe and healthy this last stretch:) Can't wait to share pictures and more stories with everyone when I get home! Have a great Saturday.

<3>

1 comment:

  1. Molly-
    So glad things are going well for you. Sounds like you haven't had food issues either, which is huge when traveling. Continue to write to yourself everyday to record the memories for later. Dan turned 16 this weekend and Leanna will soon follow. Time flies and some memories fade, but words and pictures help to remind us of the wonders around us.
    May God continue to smile on you...

    ReplyDelete